Monday, April 18, 2011

Why I Carry at Home, Reason #3

This would be the reason I sometimes carry a .22LR pistol at the house - dealing with vermin. In this case, it's the kind that demolished my garden last year.

Was cleaning up some stuff, lifted up a panel and saw movement, drew the gun, fired four times, killed three ground moles. One mother and two babies. They've eaten the last of my beans and corn.

Oh, and no, I'm not an expert shot - they were pretty much holding still when I fired, and at point blank range (2 feet).

Note to self - sub-sonic ammo out of a pistol, firing towards the ground at close range, is still loud.

If you're wondering why this is reason #3, here are the preceding two:
#1 - Dealing with 2-legged predators.
#2 - Dealing with 4-legged predators.

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

Matt:
While I don;t have ground moles...I do have "my share" of creatures roaming about.

And I agree with your FIRST TWO reasons 100%!

Stay safe out there.