Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where Were You

September 11, 2001. Two planes fly into the WTC towers. Another one later hits the Pentagon. A fourth crashes in a field in Pennsylvania. Over 3000 Americans lost their lives in an attack by a group of radical Muslims. The Muslim world danced in the streets and celebrated at our loss.

I was 14. 9th grade. Working during study hall as a teacher's aid when we found out the news after the first plane hit. I remember not knowing what to think, at that time wondering about the significance of the World Trade Center. I didn't really understand what was happening. Why would anyone do that? That question has been answered in the years since then.


When I got home from school, pictures and video flooded the television. Those images burned into my mind. I'm glad now that they did, as "the experts" said the footage shouldn't be shown anymore because it was too "disturbing". That was a tremendous dis-service to those who lost their lives. America needed to be disturbed. America NEEDS to be disturbed again. No, I do not wish for another attack. What I want is for that footage to be shown again to remind everyone about the scourge that is Islam. Remind them that there are people in this world who would love nothing more than the destruction of America, and the death of Americans. A group of people which dances in the streets at the death of thousands has no right to any respect - only scorn and scrutiny of every action and word.


I do not encourage hate. I encourage rationality. I encourage critical thinking. I encourage remembrance.

I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN.

Choose to remember.



2 comments:

ThreeperSphere said...

Hi, I am the administrator at ThreeperSphere.com, I wanted you to know I automatically post links to your articles along with many other threeper blogs. I'd appreciate a link to the site to help all the other bloggers out.

I think this is an effort that can help us all get more traffic and get the word out.

Matt said...

Done. I already check in with most of those bloggers you have listed. I'll have to check out the ones I didn't recognize.