Friday, September 4, 2009

Cows, the Constitution, and The Ten Commandments

A while back, I got this e-mail, and just stumbled across my printed copy of it. Don't know who wrote it to give them credit, but I'll tell you it wasn't me. And yes, I know it's a little outdated.

Three Things To Ponder:

1. Cows
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments

Cows - Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that our government can track a single cow born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington? And they track her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million (number now higher) illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give them each a cow.

The Constitution - They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.

The Ten Commandments - The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal," "Thou shalt not commit adultery", and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostil work environment.

That's all. I don't like to ponder too long. It makes me nervous.

No comments: