Friday, August 7, 2009

No More Free Speech!

So, while I was at work today, I decided that I am no longer going to support the First Amendment. I mean really, think about it. People having the right to say almost anything they want gives room for people to take offense at things and get their feelings hurt. We don't like it when that happens, do we? Sometimes, it even causes people to take lives. Sometimes, someone saying something can be so powerful that it leaves the other person with no option but to kill.

I will now become a staunch advocate of . . . . what? You've got to be kidding me! How did someone think of it before me? What did you say they call it again? Oh, it's called





POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

On second thought, I don't care much for people who beat around the bush and never say what they mean to. Especially those who try to make me dance around issues like they do. No thanks, I like being honest.

I mean seriously, when did we as a country lose our backbone and the ability to take criticism when it's due, to say that there are winners and losers, right and wrong, and absolute truth. The founders told it how it was at the risk of their lives. Respectful, but leaving no doubt as to their meaning. Why should we have to call facts anything but what they are. I don't buy being "PC". To me it's just a way that politicians use to lie and get away with it, and a way for the masses of the populace to try to subdue those who want to speak honestly. "oh, shhh, you don't want to offend anyone." Well it offends me that people won't be honest, so let's all just accept being offended, that we are entitled to differing opinions, and do our best to get along anyway!

The first Amendment does not guarantee freedom from offense, rather a freedom of choice.

No comments: