DR. WILLIAMS predicts that Obama can not lose the 2012 election.
IN ADDITION TO THE VOTING BLOCKS HE MENTIONS, THERE IS ANOTHER HUGE GROUP: THE NEARLY ONE-HALF OF ALL ADULTS DO NOT PAY ANY TAXES AND, IN FACT, MOST OF THEM RECEIVE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO "SHAKE THE BOAT" TO DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE FLOW OF TAXPAYER MONEY TO THEMSELVES.
Dr. Williams prediction: Maybe you have read some newspaper articles written by Dr. Williams a conservative economist who happens to be Black. He has taught at several Universities and is currently teaching at George Mason University.
No Matter What
Can President Obama be defeated in 2012? No. He can't. I am going on record as saying that President Barak Obama will win a second term.
The media won't tell you this because a good election campaign means hundreds of millions (or in Obama's case billions) of dollars to them in advertising.
But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.
The quality of the Republican candidate doesn't matter. Obama gets reelected. Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win. Gas pricesmoving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins. The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins. War in the Middle East? He wins a second term.
America's role as the leading Superpower disappears? Hurrah for Barak Obama! The U.S. government rushes toward bankruptcy, the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending? Obama wins handily.
You are crazy Williams. Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining? Sure I do.
And that's why I know Obama will win. are notoriously ignorant of economics. And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated.
Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin, the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault. After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.
Obama's reelection is really a very, very simple math problem. Consider the following:
1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period. Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing. He's one of us,
2) College educated women will vote for Obama. Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It's really not more complex than that,
3) Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,
4) Democrats will vote for Obama. He is the leader of their party and his coat tails will carry them to victory nationwide,
5) Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the ,
6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama. He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,
7) will support Obama. They already have. He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with and is gaining more everyday. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,
8) The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him. After all, to not love him would be racist,
9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won't vote Republican. American Indians will support him. Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic. And lastly,
10) Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn't need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned. The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.
-- Dr. Walter Williams
Okay, now for my thoughts. Let’s start with the assumption at the beginning that all of the people who don’t pay taxes and get money from the government are happy with that situation. WRONG. I will use myself as a case study. I have not had to pay taxes for the past 3 years. I have not made enough to fall into even the lowest tax bracket. As a result, we (my wife and I) have even received a large amount of tax credits. This is not because we want to be in this situation, but rather because we have been forced into it since the only job I could find was at a gas station, and she is a full-time student. How many people are there like us who know things would be better and we would not need the tax credits if Obama was out of office?
As far as most Americans being ignorant of economics, that’s true. However, I don’t think it is as bad as in 2008, as many are waking up and educating themselves. Now, let’s get on to the points he made one at a time.
1) Is Dr. Williams voting for Obama? He’s black after all. What about the TEA Party folks who are black? What about the good, hardworking Christian black folks (like those I go to church with)? It will not be a blind vote, although a majority will vote for him.
2) Two examples contrary – my wife and one of my co-workers. Didn’t vote for him the first time, and sure ain’t going to the second.
The one thing that I think could be a death blow that gets Obama re-elected? The puts forward a candidate who is not a true Conservative, i.e. and the like. I for one will not vote for Romney, PERIOD. Case closed. I will vote independent if Romney makes it as the GOP candidate. I know many others who feel the same way. We are tired of DEMLite. Give us a real conservative that we can get behind who truly represents us. How will we know that candidate? The liberals and the media will throw a fit because they are scared. Rick Perry comes to mind when I think of scaring liberals. I need to do more research on him if he gets into the race.
Look, we need to get rid of this defeatist attitude. A lot of people are saying stuff like Williams. I’ll side with Rush on this one. If we choose a conservative candidate, Obama is “landslidable defeatable.” He has nothing to run on. People are ticked at what he has done, which, no matter how you look at it, has been screwing the American people (unless you’re a liberal, in which case, you think it’s for our own good to let you created your utopia that doesn’t exist, kinda like ocean-front property in Arizona.) We can turn this country around, but I fear this is our last chance. We have to make it count, because it’s going to be a long fight back to a truly free America. Pray it’s not too late.