Sunday, April 4, 2010

2010 Census

So, at the lovely place of my employment, we have these little screens on a few of the pumps, and 24 hours a day, they play the "gas station television network." Well, one of the commercials (which plays every 5 minutes) is about the 2010 Census. It says a couple things that make me think.

1. "It creates a snapshot of our community."
Hmm. If all you're after is a snapshot, then why do you ask my name, race, phone number, etc, and get my GPS coordinates?

2. "We can't move forward until you mail it back."
Praise God! I'll keep it forever! In case they haven't noticed, most Americans don't want to "move forward" any more in the direction we're headed. Get your heads out of the sand!

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. Been meaning to post it, time hasn't allowed. Hope all had a good Easter.

No comments: